Subject: Re: make config problem: missing gram.h
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1998 11:47:53
Did you do a ``make depend'' first?  The make depend step should create
any required files.

Oh, oh - I just remembered:  there was another recent change that might
be affecting you.  You might also have to go and get the current set of
bsd.*.mk files (they live in /usr/share/mk/ directory) since the .y.h
rule was changed.

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:

> Hello
>
> I just downloaded config.tar.gz and tried to make it.  It gives
> error of the following
>
> gcc -O -Werror  -I/depot/src/usr.sbin/config -I. -c scan.c
> scan.l:55:gram.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> In line 55 of scan.l, it says
>
> #include "gram.h"
>
> There is no such file untared.  Please check with this.
>
> BTW, when I use existing config binary to configure my new kernel
> setup,  it gives errors of syntax error in ../../../../conf/files,
> and then aborted.  Is this caused by the different version of
> config binary?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruibiao

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |