Subject: Re: ATM drivers...
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1998 12:59:50
Excerpts from netbsd: 7-Apr-98 Re: ATM drivers... Rick
Kelly@rmkhome.rmkho (589*)

> If anyone wants a new toy to play with, I have an IDT ATM card up for
> grabs. I don't know whether it is a 40MB or a 155MB card as some fool
> peeled off the label.

It's a 25Mbit adapter (copper media).
I think they went for $99 at one time.
(I've got an evaluation board with similar hardware (with
connectors for the logic analyzer), but never made any use
of it because it is the only 25Mbit part around here.)

The IDT chips are well documented, and there is sample
code available. So it "only" needs somebody to write a
driver... There are  155 MBit adapters with the same
SAR chip (77201/77211), so the effort woult not be wasted.

best regards
Matthias