Subject: ISA Intel Ether Express Pro/10
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1998 23:44:01
Dear NetBSDers,
   I am attempting to get an Intel Ether Express Pro/10 which has
three types of connections on it - AUI, BNC, 10BaseT.  I have
configured the card via software from Intel to be at IRQ 9 with
IO address 210 for interface iy0.  The card is seen on boot and
when I do ifconfig on it I can set link0/link1 to specify which
port to use or to auto detect as the manual indicates.

   On booting I get the following error:
Apr  7 21:13:06 adsl-204-146-211-159 /netbsd: iy0: EEPROM irq setting 255
ignored

   I cannot ping from it or to it in NetBSD. I'm running NetBSD 1.3 on a
i386.
   Since I think the support for this card was introduced in 1.3 I
was wondering if there had been improvments since 1.3?

    The card works fine in Windows-95 if configured at the correct
place so I think the card is ok.

    Anybody have ideas?
johnh...