Subject: Re: more file descriptors
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1998 10:11:11
On Sat, Apr 04, 1998 at 04:20:33PM -0600, Tom T. Thai wrote:
> that is one thing I have not done.  Currently sh ulimit show unlimited.

>From part2 of the INN-FAQ (distributed with INN)

Subject: (2.16) BSDi 2.0 / FreeBSD / NetBSD

BSDi has a default some datasize limits which will let some operations
fail. Add the following at the beginning of rc.news (and also of
news.daily):

limit datasize unlimited
limit openfiles 256
limit memoryuse unlimited
limit maxproc unlimited

There is only a reference to BSDi, but the same applies to NetBSD.

Another thing are your compile options in config.data:

#  If greater than -1, then use [gs]etrlimit to set that many descriptors.
#  If -1, then no [gs]etrlimit calls are done.
### =()<NOFILE_LIMIT           @<NOFILE_LIMIT>@>()=
NOFILE_LIMIT            -1

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Mann ist der hip mann hoer ich die Frauen sagen