Subject: Mozilla diffs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1998 03:38:55
I did a bit of work getting Mozilla to compile on -current. The first result
is in pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/mozilla.diff on ftp.netbsd.org

Some notes:

	* When linked with Lesstiff, it dumps core when trying to load
	  the first page. When linked with a 'real' Motif library,
	  it works. So unless you have Motif or are willing to debug
	  this, the diff might not be of much use to you at the moment.
	  Lesstiff will print out some warning messages possibly
	  related to ifndef MOTIF11 in cmd/xfe/Microline3.0/XmL/Grid.c,
	  which might be related to the crash.
	* I've only compiled and tested on the i386. Most other
	  platforms will require config file changes. I edited some
	  config files to #error out for platforms that need some
	  extra info.
	* To compile on 1.3 on an a.out system, you will also have to edit
	  config/NetBSD.mk and change '-shared' to '-Bshareable'. I made
	  this "-shared" because this flag is the same for all archs
	  in -current.
	* When compiled with -g, which is the default, the binary is big:
	  some 62Mb. Linking will eat a lot of swapspace, beware.
	* It doesn't quite get the shared libs version right, i.e. it
	  always statically links in its own libs. This isnt hard to fix,
	  I just haven't done it yet.

In other words: this is a diff for the brave, and more to let you know
that this is being worked on..

- Frank