Subject: Re: new console driver code
To: None <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/1998 20:08:02
In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.980323164345.6939J-100000@rupert.honors.montana.edu> you write:
> Okay, good.  Do you think I should make the font and keyboard mapping a
> package, then?  It seems kind of silly to make the font a package, when
> the message catalog is in the source tree; the message catalog will be
> useless without the font.  And, of course, the font won't be very useful

I guess so; might as well make it all standard then.

I've heard rumblings that long-term, sets other than base may be
distributed in pkg_add form, and in that event, it'd make sense to
unbundle all the locales (and a lot more).

> (for anything other than viewing the contents of the message catalog)
> without the keyboard mapping.  But is there an appropriate place in the
> source tree for fonts and keyboard mappings?

I guess such a place could be created.

> I won't promise to do it without grammar errors, but I think I can at
> least get the meanings right.  Then other people can correct it later;
> that's what send-pr is for...

It would be good to have a native speaker look them over, if at all
possible :-)

[My favorite bad translation _into_ English is this warning from the
manual from a piece of packaging machinery: "Do not be wet or humidity,
for the cause of electric obstacle"]