Subject: bug in /bin/sh *sigh*
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1998 19:39:02
Well I think this worked at one time and my latest build was from within
the last week so this should be a current change.

There is a a script for ppp connections that handles a number list like
this:

${NUMBERLIST%%:*}

the numbers in the file are seperated by ':'s so that bit of code should
catch only the first number (works fine with bash and I'm almost sure it
worked before). I entered my primary pop number in the files and looked at
the chat script that was created and each time it missed the last number
so eventually I ended up with just ATDT in my chat script.

Example:

3405311 became 340531 then 34053 and so on each time it went through the
loop without connecting.

To get this back to working I just replaced /bin/sh with /bin/bash in the
execute line. Let me know if this should be documented in a PR or if
someone knows what piece of code is broken.

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||