Subject: Misc. problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1998 08:16:12
Sorry if this is not appropriate for either of these lists.

First the most annoying thing I have run across is the lack of ppp
features since I upgraded, mostly it seems pppd no longer uses the
active-filter,idle,and holdoff options correctly. Could someone please
confirm/explain this? I had everything working under 1.2.1.

Twm doesn't seem to like xsm, I've been converted from startx to xdm and I
like xdm much better but I get core files from twm when I try to restore
one of my xsm sessions. Occasionally I'll get xsm cores too. If you care
to poke around the core file it is available at
http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/netbsd/twm.core.gz

Last something about the encryption since I upgraded to 1.3( and later
-current)  seems to be off, I used to use BetterTelnet with S/key auth all
the time but the keys generated by the netbsd box don't match anymore,
I've confirmed the keys generated by BetterTelnet with the S/Key
calculator from Bell Labs. Also the password program that came with the
ircd-hybrid source doesn't work anymore (no more crypted oper passwords
=[), it consistently generates unique crypts from the same plaintext. I
generated several thousand of these crypts over one weekend each of which
was unique. This is very frustrating since the login passwords seem to
work just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||