Subject: Re: correct override for MASTER_SITES?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1998 21:39:37
Andrew Gillham writes:
> Alan Barrett writes:
> > > What is the correct way to override MASTER_SITES in /etc/mk.conf?
> >
> > Set MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE in /etc/mk.conf.  Then bsd.port.mk will prepend
> > MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE to the predefined list of MASTER_SITES.
> >
> > --apb (Alan Barrett)
>
> Thanks.  That does seem to work as expected.  I had in it my mk.conf,
> but commented out, as the first time I tried it, is wasn't working
> correctly.  Hmm, I should have checked it again.

Ok, so are we meant to update our 1.3 bsd.port.mk, and bsd.port.subdir.mk
with those from -current?  After doing some testing on my 1.3 machine,
I find that MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE doesn't work, unless I update my
/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.* from -current.  Is this correct, or will there
be problems?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.