Subject: Re: disklabel vs. mbr partitions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/1998 20:43:50
Greg Hudson wrote:
> So, the solution to most of your problem is to ignore the "no
> disklabel" warnings and mount your W95 partition using the faked-up
> disklabel.  However, the read/write errors indicate a serious problem.

I recall seeing such errors about a year or two ago, just a few
days before my disk died.  I was lucky, I managed to turn it to
life for a few moments to make a full backup. It was Wetern Digital
1.2G, I've heard other people have had problems with it too.

Take care

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?