Subject: Re: Support for 3Com 100Mbit PCMCIA cards
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/1998 16:12:55
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:44:52 -0500 (EST)
>  Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com> wrote:
>
>  > Does -current (and/or 1.3) work with the 3Com 3C575 (32 bit CardBus)
>  > and/or 3C574 (16 bit PC Card) 10/100 ethernet adapters?
>  >
>  > I'm about to order a new card, and would rather get 100Mbit than 10 if
>  > it will work.
>
> I've seen these things down at Fry's, and have been tempted to get one
> to try it out (it probably will require at least a little hacking to
> get it minimally working), but I haven't had the time...

So if I get one and try it, can I expect a bit of coaching? :-) Will I
need -current, or will 1.3 do? (at the moment everything I have is 1.3,
but I could make an exception for my laptop).

Note that, according to my officemate who just got an IBM 770 and the
32bit version of the card, Linux does not support that card. I don't
know if that's because of some huge departure in terms of interface to
the ethernet, or just because its Cardbus and they don't have the stuff
to do that yet.