Subject: KGDB
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1998 17:45:18
	I've been trying to use KGDB without much luck.  I've copied
the KGDB lines from generic, (""KGDB_DEVNAME=\"com\"",KGDBADDR=0x2f8,
KGDBRATE=9600"), I've got it at the right address (com1), the serial
line and the null modem cable works (two cu's on either side when kgdb
isn't compiled in works fine).   However, when I try to use gdb to
debug it there is no response.
gdb:
> gdb netbsd.gdb
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-netbsd), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) set remotebaud 9600
(gdb) target remote /dev/tty01
Remote debugging using /dev/tty01
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

etc...
What did I miss?

eric
haszlaki@uaccess.net