Subject: Re: tftp on 1.3
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1998 02:48:27
Kevin Tsang <Kevin_Tsang@promis.com> typed:
:Hi,
:I'm having a problem writing to a tftp server on NetBSD 1.3.  No matter
:what file permissions I set for the target file I always get this error:
:tftp> put testfile
:Error code 2: Access violation
:I have set the directory to 777, file to 666, the file name is correct....
:halp!

There was a significant change that nobody was told about - that I know of.
I was going to send in a patch (after writing it) but I've put it off for
a while.

Put a ``/'' in front of all filenames.

My concern is that this is not really necessary in some cases, viz. when you
have used the ``-s'' option.  From the manual page:
   -s  tftpd will chroot(2) on startup; therefore the remote host is not
       expected to pass the directory as part of the file name to transfer.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/