Subject: Re: CD distributions
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1998 18:38:51
> In theory, /usr/share should be identical on all platforms, i.e. all
> platforms install all other platforms' MD man pages.  There's been
> significant resistance to this, unfortunately, [ ... ]

Where has that resistance been coming from?

I've heard people complain about moving MD programs' manual pages away
from the programs themselves.  As far as i'm concerned, doing that is,
has always been, and will always be stupid.  Programs and their manual
pages should live in the same place.

However, I don't recall anybody objecting to other (better; really,
just about anything is better, in my opinion 8-) ways of solving the
manual page problem, or commenting negatively about other aspects of
'share' being made truly identical (if there are other areas which
still have problems).

cgd