Subject: Re: Action of halt/reboot from scripts
To: None <mason@primenet.com.au>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/1998 16:24:31
> Can you tell us what the last messages from shutdown are?
I've not tried it in a while, so I can't swear that it is still
broken, but what happened was that I did an exec on reboot,
most processes then died and then nothing more happened.
You could wait for hours, nothing more happened.  You could
still ping the machine so parts of the system was up.

I should try it again to verify that it is still broken.  Oh,
yes, it didn't happen every time.  There must have been some kind of
race because it only happened about half the time.

        -- Lennart