Subject: Re: serial port control
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/1998 10:53:20
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:20:37 -0800 (PST)  Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't read the fine print of the document.  It came
> across as a uunecoded file for what appears to be for some BillyGates
> abomination.  Anyone care to have a crack at this?  The content-type
> specs say:

I've found that the "strings" command is your friend when it comes to
this alien file format :)  Management types here (I guess there's others
too) seem to like using the program that creates this sort of files...

I don't suppose anyone knows of anything better than "strings" for
reading these documents?

Simon.