Subject: Re: Do I have an incosistent supped-source tree or....
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1998 23:02:13
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:34:23 +0100  dillema@acm.org wrote:

> So my question: Is my source tree a bit messed up somehow, i.e. does the above
> work for others out there? Or is nfs-booting being worked on at the moment
> and instable for some reason...

I'd say your source tree is a bit messed up; the pentium machine I'm
mailing this from has a -current kernel two days old (with UVM) and is
running diskless.

I am using RARP and not BOOTP; I've had RARP configured on the 1.1
server for a long time and haven't bothered to change it yet.

The setup is not entirely trouble free -- I'm seeing my swap file
mysteriously grow from 64Mb to 4Gb.  (OK, only 64Kb of extra disk
space is actually used. :-)

Once this damage has done bad things happen until I shutdown, fix the
file on the server and reboot.  (Bad things: can't mount swap after
reboot; /tmp disappeared one time but came back after reboot
... wierd.)

I see some crashes too, which may or may not be related to the swap
problem.  More investigation required.

Regards,

Giles