Subject: Re: Problem running X server...
To: Robert Agustin Jr. <agustin@apicom.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1998 11:38:17
Robert Agustin, Jr. wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting an X server to run under NetBSD 1.3.
>

> Here's what I have:
>
> STB Velocity 128 AGP video card (NVIDIA-based)
>
> Kernel compiled with Linux-compatibility and ELF32
> Driver libraries from S.u.S.E. for NVIDIA-based boards
>

> The error I get is:
>
> linux_machdepioctl: invalid ioctl00004b3a
> linux_machdepioctl: invlaid ioctl00005601
>
> Is there any hope or no hope at all?

I had a go and decided no hope at all with the linux server due to
"extended keyboard ioctls that aren't emulated", but got further with
the FreeBSD version of the server. Still not all the way though, but
at a guess the light at the end of the tunnel was down that path. I
had to return the card within 4 days.

Good luck,

Patrick

PS The other hope is that NVidia merges all their drivers back into
XFree86, so the other option is wait!