Subject: Re: UVM is HUGE!
To: None <dej@inode.org>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@dworkin.wustl.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1998 18:44:15
>Perhaps I made a mistake measuring this - I don't know.

well, this is what you get with a "work in progress" ... some of
the size is due to the history stuff (which was on by default)
and other parts of it are due to new features or issues that haven't
been addressed yet (you'll note lots of XXX and XXXCDC comments
throughout the source code).

also all the inline stuff needs to be gone through and re-evaluated
(something that needs to be done but hasn't been yet, due to lack
of time).

i am not inclined to worry too much about code size or cache lines
until things settle out a bit.   then it can be evaluated.

chuck