Subject: gdb broken in -current?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1998 00:28:31
	Hi,

if I compile a program with "gdb foobar.c -g -o foobar" and try to debug it
afterwards with -current's GDB it refuses to start it:

tron@lyssa:~/bla>gdb foobar
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-netbsd), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /homes/lyssa/tron/bla/foobar
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".

If I compile it with the same options on a 1.3 system it works.

[I use -current based on yesterday's sources on i386.]

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/