Subject: Re: superdisks
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1998 22:49:31
> >	What kind of controller timeouts is your drive getting?  What
> >kind of drive do you have (a dr-tech one?, not that it matters probably, they
> >look like they're all the same hardware, sold by different people)
> 	wdc_atapi_intr: controller busy
> 	sd0(wdc1:0): controller busy
> Yeah, dr-tech.

	Hmm.. try this.  Assuming the id of the drive you get on boot
is <, 79ABB0014643, 0510C104> (that's what I get, do you?) add this to
the atapi_quirk_patterns table:  (src/sys/dev/scsipi/atapiconf.c: line 79)
	{{T_DIRECT, T_REMOV,
	 "", "79ABB0014643", "0510C104"},         SDEV_NOSTARTUNIT},

This make it work a little better for me.  Do I remember correctly that you
said your drive wasn't reading LS-120 disks at all?   This change doesn't
fix it completely.  However if I try accessing the drive during it's spinup
after inserting a LS-120 disk and get the error message, then immediately
try accessing it again (actually I've been testing with mount-ing it) it
works. (or rather I found if I try mounting again about 1 sec after the drive
stops spinning it works)

	Has anyone ever dealt with this company before?  Their tech support
800 number is usually busy.  When it isn't you can wait for a while before
getting to anyone.  (At least as long as it takes to put down the phone,
make lunch, and notice you're still listening to music :( )

eric
haszlaki@uiuc.edu