Subject: Re: superdisks
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@uaccess.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1998 09:46:02
In message <199801220846.CAA14491@guinness.uaccess.net>, Eric Haszlakiewicz wri
tes:
>		Looks like NetBSD only has support for cd devices
>		on atapi bus.  I assume adding support would require
>		a driver to send the apropriate SCSI or ATAPI commands
>		to the drive.  (Are these the same?  scsipi = SCSI + ATAPI?)
>		(Would seem so since I only found one cd driver)
>		I found the SCSI version of the command set on
>		www.winstation.com[1].

That appears to be the case.  There is at least one NetBSD port, as I
understand it, that has this code.  (arm32, or something like that?)

I can also mention that, if someone contributes a working driver to the
tree, I offered a bounty of $100 for a driver.  (I got my LS-120 really
cheap, and I figured I'd put the savings somewhere useful.)

-s