Subject: Re: superdisks
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1998 15:16:36
On Jan 22, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote

> 	Question: has anyone played around with SuperDisks(aka LS-120)?
> 		For those who have not heard about SuperDisks:
> 		floppy drive which reads normal 3.5in floppies and
> 		also 120Meg one.  (Currently I've only seen them made
> 		by imation, several companies are distributing the drives).
>
> 		I've seen IDE ATAPI and SCSI versions of the drive.  NetBSD,
> 		of course, doesn't recognize it[0].

It should recognise the SCSI version without problems. However there is
no support for ATAPI disks (type 0) in 1.3.
Support for this is present in -current (added by cgd and only tested with
ZIP drives) and I plan make this available as an unofficial patch for
1.3. I'll work on this this evening. More news tomorow.