Subject: Re: pkg: shared libs ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1998 14:27:12
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > Does it mean I can build shared libs on any NetBSD system ?
>
> Yes, IIRC.
> But please be aware that there's a difference on how to do this between ELF-
> and a.out-ports, see bsd.lib.mk.

It seems the best way would be to change readline/gdbm's Makefile.in
to be BSD-style Makefile, isn't it ? The only drawback seems to be
that a bit more (not much) work would have to be done when intergrating
next version(s).

The other drawback is readline consists of two libs and I don't
know if BSD Makefiles can handle this easily. Way around this
seems to be calling make(1) with target and set $(SRCS) and $(LIB)
appropriately to target. A bit tricky, but should work and no
other changes need to be done  ;-)

Comments ?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?