Subject: Re: NetBSD Web Site!
To: Matt Chapman <matt@DUH.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1998 09:15:00
Matt Chapman wrote:

> So you would agree that a break down of sections would be more beneficial
> then the tables... how about this idea... on the main page do it just like
> the current www.netbsd.org site then on each link use a perl selector
> script for navigation ( i have tested it and it works in lynx).  this
> would take away the flash and still allow for navigational help.  I am all
> for making the page viewable in lynx, and yes I agree that content is key
> I was just trying to make it more navigational via a menu.

In general, I think that we shy away from reliance on perl (I'm not
entirely sure why, I think it's mainly religious).

In my copy of Netscape Communicator 4.04, the page as it stands looks
somewhat ok, but part of the menu text extends past the yellow region and
out into the main area of the page (of course, I'm using a non-standard
font, but this is another thing you might want to consider :-)

Later.