Subject: Re: System backups
To: None <daemond@ibm.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1998 21:01:32
--==_Exmh_1498150149P

In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.980120143034.4026A-100000@master.ibmcyrix.org>you wri
te:
> I have the same drive.  The problem is that dump is dumb in detecting the
> correct size of the tape.  Here's the command that I use:  dump -0 -B
> 8000000 /dev/whatever.

Dumb is quite clever in detecting EOF/EOM, at least if you use stdout, i.e. "f
-".  It may fail to work OK when using predetermined sizes, though.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_1498150149P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNMUCm7A63tqjeAhZAQFI4gP+NfZwwPNbz6kOZkct9PxO9K3+DePVytzV
KmqifaIMjb6Ye+WJ+XaffwHVwY5ihzzABdM72zq6YzA3J8SvgptdKiTBDpKbe8RP
ABeufP0fwrPDwY9esWp1eBzDVewCZ4vqLgqOzQoJH/3JG41sUFe+LV2xwknJiD8n
P8eNCZ5+3TI=
=wAtG
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1498150149P--