Subject: Re: System backups
To: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1998 13:42:21
According to Robert Nestor:

>I recently added a a new Conner/Seagate SCSI tape drive to my NetBSD
>system.  It is a Travan type drive that can store up to 8gb on a single
>tape cartridge.

You need to give dump a size parameter - the normal behaviour for dump
is to default to a QIC tape sizing, if you use the s parameter and
jigger the number so you get the correct sizing for the tape you
should be fine.  The alternative is just put in a huge number and hope
that EOM is handled correctly....

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.