Subject: Am I under attack or what?
To: None <Current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/1998 12:36:55
I don't know what's happening here.  Around the time that I moved to
NetBSD 1.3 (from 1.3_ALPHA) my system started hanging.  It dies anywhere
from 15 minutes to 8 hours after booting.  It still responds to pings
however.  Sometimes (perhaps always - we usually get down to reboot it)
it reboots an hour or so later.  I'm running the same version at home
and I don't have this problem so I suspect some sort of DOS attack but
I can't figure out what kind.  Does anyone recognize these symptoms?
If anyone thinks they can find the problem and is interested in helping
I can give you an account on the system.  I also have core dumps to
go through.  We are running an AMD K6 so it isn't the Pentium halt bug.

I usually hang about #netbsd on efnet if you want to talk there.

Thanks.