Subject: PPP/Chat redial capability?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1998 14:39:11
Hello.. I would like to have my pppd redial a certain number of times
before quitting, as the providor that I use right now is usually extremely
busy. I know that my modem can redial very fast (atsc8=1 is my new best
friend--especially for getting into telereg and other massdial numbers)
and would like to exploit this.

Chat.c returns a different value for each different type of abort string
it receives--pppd doesn't seem to care, however (unfortunate). I've
checked and re-checked man pages, pppd, chat, etc, but no mention of
"BUSY" signal triggering a redial is to be found.

Is this possible without re-typing "go" (an alias) on my command line over
and over again? Perhaps a script or something? I don't want the computer
to just keep redialing every time I get disconnected--that's more of a
kludge isn't it?

Anyway, any sort of information is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Marc Tooley