Subject: Re: SCSI ASC/ASCQ question
To: None <Geir.I.Jensen@fm.sintef.no>
From: Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1998 10:18:32
Geir Inge Jensen wrote...
> I got this message from my new SCSI disk: ASC 0x0c ASCQ 0x90.
>
> I know that 0x0c is "Write error", but I have been unable to find out
> what 0x90 means. Does anyone have a clue?

	It's definitely a non-standard Additional Sense Code Qualifier.  I
have seen stuff like that before.  I've got some Quantum Fireball ST (i.e.
'Stratus') drives that spit out 0x04, 0x0b when they want to be spun up.
I guess some vendors are fond of making up their own error codes.  (And in
this case, the error code wasn't documented anywhere.)

> Since this is a new disk (used one week), maybe I should just return it.

	Perhaps.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of disk is it?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com