Subject: ATAPI 'sd' (disk) support.
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1998 20:22:24
Looking for beta-testers for ATAPI 'sd' support.  I'm pretty sure you
need to be using NetBSD/i386 or NetBSD/arm32 for your wdc.c to work
right (with my patches), but people running other architectures who're
willing to do a little work should feel free to get in touch.  8-)

An example of what i'm talking about:

atapibus0 at wdc0
sd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <IOMEGA  ZIP 100       ATAPI, , 23.D> type 0 direct removable
sd0: 96MB, 32 cyl, 64 head, 96 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 196608 sectors

(Aren't LS-120's or whatever they're called ATAPI disk devices, as
well?  If so, i'd really like at least one person with one to step
forward. 8-)

I've got diffs against NetBSD 1.3 (and since the scsipi code hasn't
changed on the trunk, the diffs should continue to apply to -current
when that's switched back to the trunk).

Send me mail with your current dmesg output, and in a few days i'll
send you the diffs and some instructions (or, if I get enough testers,
I'll tell you that i'm full 8-).

chris