Subject: Re: daily CVS update output
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/1998 14:13:48
> Updating src tree:
>
> Updating pkgsrc tree:
> U pkgsrc/mail/metamail/Makefile
> U pkgsrc/mail/metamail/pkg/PLIST
> U pkgsrc/print/ghostscript5/Makefile
> U pkgsrc/print/ghostscript5/files/md5

I'm confused.  If NetBSD 1.3 was officially released on the 4th and is supposed
to be stable for a week before the trunk reverts to -current, why are there
files still being updated, like the above?

One of the things I've never been able to fully understand was that I could
never sup up to a certain particular day (i.e. release day), comment out the
sup from root's "crontab" file, and then have my /usr/src contents be exactly
the same as what I could get by downloading the "official" sources for the
releases and un-tar'ing them.  A recursive "diff" *always* found differences.
Sigh.

	- Greg