Subject: 1.3 Release? (1.3 is in netbsd.org, apparently)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1998 07:12:39
I snagged ipfilter so that I could filter out the annoying crash bugs that
people keep sending my computer (i'm usually immune, but sometimes my ip
becomes such a popular target that something invariably comes through that
ends up destroying something) but was disappointed to learn that 3.2.3,
the standalone was not designed for 1.2.1, the latest official release of
NetBSD..  or is it?

I was also on #amiga on an obscure irc network where they told me just to
grab the most -current version, that would have IPFilter installed as a
normal part of the os. Much to my surprise, the 1.3_BETA directory for
Amiga was empty, citing the fact that 1.3 should be used instead. This
isn't a joke is it? I mean, the version I just spent all night downloading
is the real thing?

Thanks,

Marc