Subject: Re: fetch command for distribution files for package system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/31/1997 21:45:25
Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:
> I discovered the FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS, and recalled that /etc/mk.conf is the
> magic file.  Can't find the documentation for /etc/mk.conf, but hey, I
> probably missed it. (grep didn't find it in /usr/share/man)
> Is "ftp_proxy=xxxxxxxx" correct for /etc/mk.conf also?  That is where
> I was/am uncertain.

mk.conf is pulled into BSD makefiles, and may thus contain any
(site specific) code that's valid in Makefile. Any of them. Go and look
at /usr/share/mk/* for more complete documentation. :-)

For ftp_proxy, I'd rather suggest to put this into /etc/profile or
/etc/csh.cshrc or so (read make(1) for the interaction of environment
variables and make variables).

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>