Subject: Re: Error in gnu/lib/libg++/libg++/src/BitSet.h
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1997 23:19:48
>>    In file included from BitSet.cc:25:
>>    /Net/usr/src/gnu/lib/libg++/libg++/src/BitSet.h:349: Internal compiler error.
>>    /Net/usr/src/gnu/lib/libg++/libg++/src/BitSet.h:349: Please submit a full bug report to `bug-g++@prep.ai.mit.edu'.
>
>>I went back and built everything in /Net/usr/src/{bin,sbin,usr.bin,usr.sbin} and installed all of
>>that. My path/PATH includes all of the /Net/{...stuff..} first so the newly installed stuff is
>>used first.  I'm running the kernel built form the 27'th tar files.
>
>Did you rebuild src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc?  Some changes were made to the
>guts of the g++ compiler recently that may solve this problem for you.

Sortta.  I had the problem on a Intel 486/120, I tried the build on a P200 and it worked.
So I loaded the 486 with the P200 build. The 486 will now build correctly.  The 486 & P200 were
running the same version of 1.3ALPHA.  On the 486 I was building with DESTDIR set, it builds with
DESTDIR not set. On the P200 DESTDIR was not set.  I've built with DESTDIR set before and haven't
had any problem that comes anywhere close to resembling this.  The 486 could be flaky?

Thanks for the suggestion.  If it does this again I'll try it. I have to upgrade another 486 soon.

Thanks,
Paul