Subject: Re: xsrc and X11R6 settings
To: None <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1997 11:44:32
> In a general manner, I think that the build process is too much different. We
> need to make it more BSD-like (but that will make lots of changes).

Bite your tongue!   I see no advantage at all to trying to make the X
distribution build "BSD-like" - when I first started building NetBSD,
my reaction to the build process was that it would be nice if it were
more X11-like, in features if not in invocation method.

The X11 distribution set is there for you to build if you are willing
to spend the effort.   If you aren't, why not just use a pre-built
distribution?

			       _MelloN_