Subject: Re: Scanner driver causes VM_fault
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1997 12:20:18
>From: dillema@acm.org
>Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:08:30 +0100
>
>I'm trying to get a Ricoh RS632 (IS60) greyscale SCSI scanner to work with
>NetBSD-current. However during my first attempts to access the ss0 device
>I got a VM_Fault in ss_close(). Does this just mean this particular model is
>not supported or is the current ss-driver broken? Has anybody got a SCSI
>scanner operational with NetBSD-current (1.3_BETA) or even this model
>of scanner?

Definitely broken, and possibly "all of the above".  No driver should
ever cause a vm_fault(), that's always a bug (it probably dereferenced
NULL).  The SCSIVERBOSE option should let you see what your scanner
returns for ID and version, and you can compare that with the table in
one of the /sys/dev/scsipi/ss*.[ch] files (I forget which exactly) in
order to see whether it is supported.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel