Subject: Re: Keyboard freeze
To: Kevin Tsang <tsang@promis.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1997 18:14:54
On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Kevin Tsang wrote:

..
.. Has anyone else had a problem with a keyboard (and eventually) system
.. freeze under 1.3BETA with X11R6.3 and fvwm95?  I can usually get out of it
.. once by killing fvwm95, but if it happens a second time I'm SOL.

I have seen it from time to time for a few weeks, running 1.3BETA, some
fairly recent XFree and twm. I've mostly attributed it to having started
using xdm=yes in rc.local, where I previously started xdm manually from
the command line.

I usually happens within the first hour of usage, and telnetting into
the machine and killing and restarting xdm normally fixes it until
reboot.

- Erik