Subject: Re: Release schedule?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1997 03:47:01
On Sat, Dec 20, 1997 at 06:31:59PM -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> Are things still on track? I don't want to see things rushed, but I'd love
> to know what's happening. NetBSD 1.2.1 was out already when I got started.
> Hence, I've never experienced a formal release before, so I'm not sure what
> happens. The silence has piqued my curiosity.

Well, here's how releases usually go: we set a date, we don't make it,
we set another one, we don't make it.. until we finally discover that
we're actually ready ;-)

Seriously.. the release date has slipped a few days, we are wrapping up
some problems, one of them a serious bug.

I must apologize for the lack of an announcement on this latest delay.

- Frank