Subject: Re: StackGuard
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1997 19:10:09
On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, David Wetzel wrote:

: > 	Now that's interesting, is anyone considering adding this into
: > NetBSD's
: gcc?  I would think it'd make it into the gcc tree eventually
: > anyway:

StackGuard is still quite hokey; see the discussion on BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG
about it.  The method used is, in my eyes, pointless and a severe waste of
valuable CPU.  I'd pull it out if ever it were integrated into our gcc.
There's no excuse not to fix the offending code and be done with it.

: I would like to have a GCC coming with NetBSD that can do all the Objective-C
: stuff too.

Supposedly libobjc has been updated and will be ``correct'' as of 1.3... do
you know something I don't?

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price