Subject: Re: PKG: ncurses status
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1997 21:24:52
[ On Wed, December 17, 1997 at 18:03:18 (-0800), Jonathan Stone wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: PKG: ncurses status
>
> >Oh!  Oops!  Sorry I should've looked first!  This seems to fit the bill
> >exactly.  So, what were the objections over the new ncurses again?
>
> What about all the system-supplied base applications and installation
> tools that use curses?

So far as I can tell none of the system supplied base applications would
look in /usr/pkg to link with curses so even if you did install ncurses
on a machine on which you built shippable binaries you wouldn't be
including any of the ncurses code, binary or otherwise.

It would indeed be nice if we could get a better curses in the system
sources, but we're just talking about /usr/pkgsrc here (I think).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>