Subject: Re: rdist w/ ssh
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1997 15:10:22
On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

> several months ago, rdist was updated to use the new rcmd suite, which
> should enable people to use rdist on top of ssh.

I vaguely recall that getting rdist to use ssh required changes to the
source for rdist.  I could easily be wrong about this, but I seem to
remember something about having to deal with ssh's stderr within rdist.

I know that I've seen diffs for using ssh with the standard rdist from
USC.  You might try searching the 'net.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."