Subject: Re: Bug in
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1997 21:15:32
Excerpts from netbsd: 14-Dec-97 Bug in <bsd.kmod.mk> Hauke
Fath@espresso.rhei (610*)

> 1) "-e${KMOD}_lkmentry" is redundant because /sbin/modload looks for an
> entry point named "Module Name"_lkmentry, anyway.

Did you try?
The code which is supposed to do that in is seriously broken:
-It compares pointers to different instances of a constant string (DFLT_ENTRY).
-The construction of this entry point does not work if an output filename is
   specified.

Imho, the user should know what the entry point is and
"modload" should not try to be smart.

> 2) "-e${KMOD}_lkmentry" is used as the symbolic name in the LKM table. Of
> course, "make unload" does not find the entry and fails.

This should not be the case, and for me, it is not:
zelz26# make load
/sbin/modload -o adosfs -eadosfs_lkmentry adosfs.o
Module loaded as ID 0
zelz26# modstat
Type    Id  Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
VFS       0  30 f0905000 0010 f0908000   1 adosfs
zelz26# make unload
/sbin/modunload -n adosfs
zelz26#

Did I get out of sync?