Subject: strange stty problem?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1997 23:36:30
This is a difficult problem to quantify. I usually use pdksh or bash as
my shell. When logging into any of my NetBSD systems over the internet
(or over the network at work to the NetBSD machine that I have there),
text gets spewed all over the screen instead of normal scrolling. At that
point, if I run csh, the problem goes away. I've seen this problem with
0.9a, 1.0a, 1.2, 1.2D, and 1.3_ALPHA/BETA. Across multiple hardware
platforms. It seems to be the worst on 1.2. And sometimes it will seem to
work fine.

The machines on the other end have been running AIX, HPUX, Solaris, SunOS,
and NetBSD.

And screen formatting is always fine when directly loggin in...
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com