Subject: Re: Installing from FreeBSD?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1997 10:46:07
In article <199712111031.LAA09375@horn.ics.muni.cz> you write:
> Write down the size&offset of the partition from FreeBSD disklabel,
> mark the FreeBSD partition with some other type id than 165 (0xA5) with pfdisk,
> install the floppy part, add the partition to NetBSD disklabel (disklabel -e)
> and then you can mount it.

Apparently (from past threadshere) OpenBSD uses a different id (166?)
and falls back to 165 if it doesn't find a 166 (or whatever it was). It
does this for the purpose of coexisting with the other BSDs better.

There was some talk of having NetBSD do the same thing, with a different
id (167?). It seems like a good idea to me. Any chance this will happen
(after 1.3, obviously)?