Subject: Re: procmail pkg?
To: None <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1997 07:03:02
> On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Brad Salai wrote:
>
> > I'd be glad to do that, and suspect that many others would also. How about a package
> > How-To? Although I've looked at packages, I would spend a _lot_ of time trying to
> > figure out just what is needed, and how it all goes together.
>
> 1st: There IS a document describing the creation of packages. It's in the
> documentation-section of the NetBSD-page.
>
> 2nd: An updated version is worked upon. It shouldn't take very much
> longer...

That looks helpful, I'll give it a try.

Is there a reason why a bunch of packages were removed? at least some of them worked, and the others were being worked on.

Could untested packages be put in -current until they are working, and then moved? I think it would be easier to modify a FreeBSD package than make one from scratch.

brad