Subject: Re: procmail pkg?
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1997 06:35:53

> > The procmail pkg has disappeared from /usr/pkgsrc/mail.
> >
> > I had built it but not installed it, but when it disappeared, sup deleted
> > the directory (I use remove to get rid of obsolete patch files)
> >
> > Could someone please put it back?
>
> Unfortunately, procmail was one of the pkgs that was imported by
> mistake.  It was removed in the great pkg-nuke of 1997.  It's on the
> TODO list, however, along with ssh and all the other things that
> people want.
>
> OTOH, it would be great if you could make a package, and, as you have
> it compiled, you're half-way there...
>
> Please?
>
> Alistair

I'd be glad to do that, and suspect that many others would also. How about a package
How-To? Although I've looked at packages, I would spend a _lot_ of time trying to
figure out just what is needed, and how it all goes together.

As for procmail, I recall it either built out of the box, or needed very little
tweeking to work. Trouble is that _remove_ caused sup to delete everything when
procmail was removed from the tree.

Where did the original come from? FreeBSD? if so, you might want to recommit it, and I'd be glad to test it and fix it if necessary.

Brad