Subject: Re: FYI pkg system
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: None <daemond@ibm.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1997 13:29:34
I ran into this problem myself.  The only way I found around it is to go to
the pkgsrc/devel/ncurses directory, edit the Makefile, and comment out all
the MAN entries (all of them).  I don't know why they're even in their
considering ncurses automatically installs its man pages anyway.  The other
problem I've run into is that ncurses doesn't work on my system period (and
I haven't a clue as to why much less how to fix it).  One other thing, be
sure to make ; make install ; make clean ncurses before you try to make and
install lynx (otherwise lynx doesn't configure correctly).  Also, you may
want to create a /etc/ld.so.conf file with the following:

/usr/pkg/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/local/lib

Let me know how things turn out.

Geoff
daemond@ibm.net
Spammers beware: I do not buy from companies that spam!