Subject: Re: case (in)sensitivity on CD9660 file system
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1997 12:53:03
On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 09:23:44 -0800  Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:42:30 +0100 (MET)
>  Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz> wrote:
>
>  > I like when something isn't documented :-] It works, of course.
>  > But implementing "notrans" option seems as good idea anyway, doesn't it ?
>
> I think "notrans" is a reasonable thing to do.

FWIW, Ultrix and DEC Unix call this "noversion", and Solaris has
something similer called "nomaplcase". "notrans" actually makes a bit of
sense for the option :)

   mount(8cdfs)

     noversion     If a file recorded on an ISO 9660 formatted file system
                   contains a version string, strip off the ';#' extension.
                   Files and directory names are displayed in lowercase
                   letters and name matching is performed in a case-
                   insensitive manner.  This option should be used in con-
                   junction with mounting a CD-ROM containing MS-DOS applica-
                   tions.

mount_hsfs(1M)        Maintenance Commands         mount_hsfs(1M)

          nomaplcase
                    File names on High Sierra cdroms with no Rock
                    Ridge  extensions present should be uppercase
                    characters only. By default, hsfs  maps  file
                    names  read from a non-Rock Ridge disk to all
                    lowercase characters.  nomaplcase  turns  off
                    this  mapping.  The exceptions for notraildot
                    discused above apply to nomaplcase.

Simon.