Subject: Re: kernel link error
To: Kevin Tsang <tsang@promis.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1997 22:20:03

> I tried to get on the FAQ just now (cynjut.neonramp.com) but it's not
> picking up the phone....

It has figured out a way to lock up 'on command'.

I'll be filing a PR on it after I get done reading news.

> ld -z -Ttext F0100000 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
> kern_subr.o: Undefined symbol `_dumpspec' referenced from text segment
> kern_subr.o: Undefined symbol `_dumpspec' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> I think I've seen this one before but can't remember how to fix it.

Check the config file - the defintion for the dump disk has changed in
the recent past and your config may be out of date.  You may also need
to wipe out the compile directory where you are building your kernel.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom